I think most pet owners would agree that Golden Retrievers are simply one of a kind since currently, they are ranking as the third most popular dog in the United States as per the American Kennel Club.
They are extremely sought-after and well-loved by many because they remain puppyish even when they reach adulthood.
If you want to own one of these golden-coated dogs, I recommend that you stay with me throughout this article. I’m about to share 10 Golden Retriever breeders that offer the best puppies you’ll find in the market today.
Let’s get started!
It has become a norm to see dog breeders marketing their available litter thru websites, social media pages, and ads. If you are looking for Golden Retriever puppies for sale online and are not sure how to identify a puppy scam from a legitimate breeder, read our ultimate puppy buying guide. It offers useful tips on how to safely transact via the internet and to identify scam red flags.
10 Places to Find Golden Retriever Puppies for Sale
The following breeders are chosen according to specific criteria set by Bubbly Pet. This is not sponsored by any breeder, nor is this a promotion of any sort.
You won’t also find puppy mills or backyard breeders in this list since I strongly condemn their breeding practices.
The facilities and kennels below are all owned and run by professionals so you are assured that you will be able to take home a healthy and stable puppy from them.
1. Gaylan’s Golden Retrievers – North Carolina
Gaylan’s Golden Retrievers has quite an interesting history. The husband and wife who owns this kennel did not originally plan to breed Golden Retrievers but mares.
In the process of finding a horse to bring home, the wife named Gayle realized that her money isn’t enough to pay for one. A horse owner even laughed at her face because she cannot afford it.
Just as when they are about to go home empty-handed, the husband thought of buying a Golden Retriever instead. Thus, begin their journey of breeding the best Golden Retrievers in the USA.
Currently, the kennel has been running for 20 years and is focused on producing multi-purpose Golden Retrievers and training them.
They’re also collecting money to fund canine health research and taking part in rescuing unwanted and neglected Golden Retrievers.
Aside from all these acts, what makes Gaylan’s top our list is because over the years, they have already produced 100 titled Golden Retrievers and Gail Watkins has received the Gold-level AKC Breeder of Merit. Surely, this counts for something.
Here are some other reasons to choose this breeder:
- The puppies come with a warranty and sales contract.
- The breeding stock is evaluated for various diseases before having them reproduce.
- Different types of Golden Retrievers are available like companions, competition, and working puppies.
- All puppies are raised inside a home so they are well socialized.
Gaylan’s Golden Retrievers Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Gaylan’s Golden Retrievers
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Note: If you have any inquiries, you can fill out a form on their website.
2. Amica Goldens – Texas
If the former kennel has an interesting history, Amica Goldens has an intriguing name. The word Amica is actually an Italian word that means playmate or close friend. The breeder believes that this symbolizes the Golden Retriever as a breed.
There are several reasons to choose this among other breeders. First off, their puppies are sold in a neuter or spay contract and AKC registration. This means that their best interest is their dog’s quality.
Also, all their puppies and breeding stock underwent health screening for hip, elbow, eye, and heart diseases. Board-certified medical professionals give the clearances so you are assured that they’re accurate.
If you feel like this is the right kennel to buy your dog from, all you have to do is visit their website and browse their litters available. You can also view their contract on their litter page.
Amica Goldens Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Amica Goldens
- Phone: (512) 554-9978
- Email: email@example.com
3. Sun-Golden Kennels – Wisconsin
Sun-Golden Kennels presents themselves as the home of champion Golden Retrievers. They do not claim to be the most famous nor the largest kennel there is but they assure prospective buyers that they do not breed solely for conformation purposes.
They were first able to purchase a Golden Retriever in 1989, and since then, they have had their dog participate in AKC’s conformation, obedience trials, and rallies.
What’s more, they grow all their dogs inside their home so the temperament they exhibit is pretty balanced.
To socialize their dogs, they allow them to run inside their home and sleep beside their bed. They also engage them in various activities along with other dogs like playing ball, hiking, and swimming.
Here are some more reasons to consider this kennel in your Golden Retriever hunt:
- They are a participant of the AKC Breeder of Merit.
- They are a member of the Golden Retriever Club of America (GRCA).
- They are a state inspected breeder.
- They are a member of the AKC Breeder of H.E.A.R.T.
Sun-Golden Kennels Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Sun-Golden Kennels
- Address: 7812 Longview Ct. Edgerton, WI 53534
- Phone: 608-884-4000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Syrah Goldens – Georgia
If you are after European Golden Retrievers, then visiting Syrah Goldens at Jefferson, Georgia will probably excite you.
Their Golden Retrievers are imported from different countries including Russia, Australia, Ireland, Hungary, and of course the origin of the breed: Scotland.
All of their pups adhere to the standards set by the Federation Cynologique Internationale, so they are really from the European type.
Another reason to choose this breeder among others is that they don’t breed other dogs and their Golden Retriever production is only small scale. They primarily breed for good health, followed by temperament, and lastly, appearance.
They also have their breeding stock undergo eye, hip, and heart tests. When their breeding female reaches five years old, they have it retired to experience pet life. They don’t overbreed unlike questionable breeders and puppy mills.
As for the overall disposition of their dogs, I must say that they are doing a good job since Goldens from this breeder are known to be very stable.
Their strategy is to have the pups live with foster parents until someone finally takes an interest in buying them. This way, they are given plenty of socialization and attention every day.
Syrah Goldens Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Syra Goldens
- Address: 489 Ebenezer Church Road, Jefferson, GA 30549
- Phone: 678-863-7591
- Email: email@example.com
5. Chadwick’s Goldens – California
What I love about Chadwick’s Goldens is the fact that they offer two types of Golden Retrievers: the English creams and the standard American Golden Retrievers.
All of their dogs come from world-class champion bloodlines and they’ve been breeding for 18 years now. They also have their dogs registered in the AKC and microchipped for their identification.
Even though the main breeder from Chadwick’s is already an experienced professional, their dogs are still socialized by having them live alongside the breeder’s family.
They are also exposed to young children, cats, and toy Poodles so they don’t exhibit aggressive behavior towards strangers in the future.
To view their available puppies, all you have to do is visit their website. Remember, though, that the adult Golden Retrievers posted is not for sale. They are only presented on their page so you can see the parents of their available litter.
Chadwick’s Goldens Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Chadwick’s Goldens
- Phone: 951-756-1960
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Golden Meadows – California
Golden Meadows is probably one of the oldest breeding facilities for Golden Retrievers since they have been around for 25 years now.
The dogs they are selling all came from champion bloodlines and top pedigrees, which they can prove through the papers they are in possession of. Also, their puppies underwent multiple health tests for common eyes, hips, and heart diseases.
Aside from ensuring that their puppies are healthy, Golden Meadows performs Early Neurological Stimulation to develop their dogs’ minds and immune systems. They socialize them as well so they won’t exhibit unagreeable behavior as they mature.
Currently, there are also Golden Retrievers from this breeder which serve as service dogs and therapy dogs. They believe that their puppies can be a medicine of some sort to people who need some companionship.
Do they sell pups that can join conformation shows and other contests? Yes, they do!
In fact, most of their dogs are shown in the conformation shows of the American Kennel Club and the International All Breed Canine Association.
Golden Meadows Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Golden Meadows
- Address: 12085 Clinton St, Moorpark, Ca 93021
- Phone: 805-532-2216
- Email: email@example.com
7. Sapphire Goldens – Massachusetts
Sapphire Goldens is a family-run small-scale breeding facility owned by the Kauranen. This clan in Southeastern Massachusetts had their first litter of Golden Retrievers in 1994 and was able to produce three batches of puppies per year.
All the female Golden Retrievers used for their breeding practice came from champion pedigrees and won in local kennel shows. Despite this, they still aspire to produce their very own champions soon.
To realize this dream, they ensure that their dogs have eyes, heart, hip, and elbow clearances. They also breed specifically to achieve a family-loving temperament out of their dogs.
To date, this breeder is associated with the American Kennel Club, Golden Retriever Club of America, and Yankee Golden Retriever Club.
Sapphire Goldens Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Sapphire Goldens
- Phone: 508-946-4169
- Email: SapphireGoldens@comcast.net
8. Liberty Run Golden Retrievers – Maryland
Similar to Sapphire Goldens, Liberty Run Golden Retrievers has been around for quite a while. They’ve been breeding Golden Retrievers for 24 years and their goal is to produce healthy, calm, and intelligent pups.
They also do not practice overbreeding and they only have 10 adult dogs used for reproduction. Sometimes, these Goldens reside on one of the family member’s farms or in a kennel’s good friend.
As for how socialized these dogs are, the kennel boasts of their non-aggressive pups which are exposed to kids every day.
The Goldens play, swim and run regularly alongside several young folks in the facility’s 250-acre land area and four ponds. They even call this their little secret.
Aside from all these notable features and practices, Liberty Run is also known for its state-of-the-art facility which is admired by many veterinarians and even the AKC and the Humane Society.
You can check out how it looks by reviewing the page they dedicated to it.
Liberty Run Golden Retrievers Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Liberty Run Golden Retrievers
- Phone: 410-549-2911
- Special Note: You can contact them through their Facebook page.
9. Coach’s Golden Retrievers – Georgia
Coach’s Golden Retrievers is run by a former football coach with over 25 years of experience breeding dogs. He considers his Goldens as an extension of his family so he makes sure that they are well taken care of.
This breeder does not advertise puppies that much and in most cases, the litters are sold through referrals or repeat purchases. You would really have to reach out to him for his available puppies.
Since his dogs are often repeated purchases, several families already own second and third-generation Golden Retrievers from this breeder. If this also sounds appealing to you, check the dogs out through their webpage.
Coach’s have puppy homes in various states, but mainly they are located in Atlanta.
Coach’s Golden Retrievers Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Coach’s Golden Retrievers
- Address: 435 Kensington Farms Drive, Milton, GA 30004
- Phone: (404) 915 – 2078
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Eirlys Golden Retrievers – California
Eirlys Golden Retrievers is another family-run kennel facility located in Northern California. The name Eiryl is actually of Welsh Origin which means snowdrop and it was chosen in honor of the family’s heritage.
The main breeder of Eirlys named Marina Hall Phillips has an extensive background in animal genetics, behavior, and husbandry. She has been in the service dog industry for 20 years before she decided to start breeding Golden Retrievers.
As a result of her years of experience, the Goldens that her kennel produces are very much delightful as they have a balanced temperament, excellent working ability, perfect structure, and penchant for family companionship.
There aren’t many litters offered by this breeder since they only have a small breeding program. Nevertheless, if you want to take your chances, please do so. Their litter is well-planned so they really offer quality puppies.
Eirlys Golden Retrievers Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Eirlys Golden Retrievers
- Phone: 415-999-4837
All the Golden Retriever breeders included on our list passed our standards. However, if you want to verify their legitimacy, read our ultimate puppy buying guide for some proven tips on how to safely find a breeder online or how to find a puppy for sale while avoiding scams.
Other Sources for Golden Retriever Puppies
If you didn’t have any luck finding Golden Retriever pups from the list of breeders and the directory I have provided, try your chances in the following:
- AKC Marketplace – AKC Marketplace is perhaps the biggest directory you can find for professional Golden Retriever breeders in the United States. This is directly regulated by the organization, so all the breeders are filtered well for the prospective buyer’s safety. The majority of the puppies being advertised here came from AKC champion bloodlines.
- Golden Retriever Club of America (GRCA) – GRCA is the primary kennel organization that looks after the Golden Retriever breed. Similar to the AKC, they have member breeders who also sell their puppies through the organization. If you are interested, you can visit local clubs in the area associated with the GRCA or you can message the GRCA directly to get assistance.
- My Golden Retriever Puppies – Originally, this began as a partnership between two families of breeders but grew to become a network of multiple breeders based in Ohio. Essentially, this is an advertising website where one can post their litter for sale. Anyone can buy a puppy from this bunch of Ohio breeders even though they are not from the same state.
- PuppySpot – PuppySpot helps various dog breeds including Golden Retrievers to find new homes around the United States. They screen breeders intensively before allowing them to post their puppies on their website and they also ensure that their dogs underwent health checks.
- PuppyFind – PuppyFind is another advertising website where breeders can post their available Golden Retriever litter. They ship worldwide and most dogs come with health guarantees. You can browse their website 24/7 so it is less hassle on your part.
How Much Does a Golden Retriever Cost? Puppy Prices and Expenses
Golden Retrievers are not as expensive as other purebreds like Rottweilers or Tibetan Mastiffs. They only cost around $500 to $2,000 depending on several factors like the breeder’s reputation, guarantees, certification, etc.
Of course, if you want a dog from a champion bloodline, that would be more costly. Usually, their price range is between $2,000 to $3,000.
Aside from this initial cost, you also have to provide some necessary items for your pup.
Here’s the price breakdown of these items I’m talking about:
|Vet Checkups||$50 – $100|
|Rabies Vaccination||$15 – $25|
|Spaying/Neutering||$150 – $300|
|Heartworm Test||$15 – $35|
|Flea/Tick Treatment||$50 – $200|
|Deworming||$20 – $50|
|Collar and ID Tag||$5 – $10|
|Total Initial Cost||$415 – $830|
How to Find Golden Retriever Puppies in Your Area?
If you’re going to ask around, you’ll be surprised by how easy it is to find a Golden Retriever breeder near you. This will save you lots of money for shipping when you buy from an out-of-state breeder.
Below are some ways to find Goldens in your area:
- Ask for referrals. More often than not, the people we know may be familiar with breeders near us. They may have already bought a dog from these breeders so all you have to do is ask them to connect you with those they trust the most.
- Visit pet fairs. Pet fairs are often staged in parks or large facilities where breeders get a chance to show their available litters. They bring a selection of their Golden Retrievers and have you observe their physical traits and temperament before purchasing.
- Utilize social media or the internet. As cliché as it may sound, you can use the internet to find breeders near you. All you have to do is type in your location and some other specific keywords for you to be redirected to a list of breeders in your area. A word of caution, though, not all breeders you’ll find on the web is professional.
- Check local classifieds. Although this may not be your best option in finding a Golden Retriever, you can still try finding dogs using print and online pet classifieds in your location. You just have to be really careful in transacting so you won’t end up buying a dog from puppy mills.
There are so many reputable Golden Retriever breeders out there where you can purchase your pet companion. However, if you want the best quality puppy, I suggest you prioritize contacting the breeders on our top 10 list.
If you didn’t come across the dog that appeals to you through our top 10, contact the other breeders from our comprehensive directory. They’ve been known to produce healthy Golden Retrievers so you won’t get anxious about your dogs’ state.
Again, be very observant and ask for necessary documentation for the dog’s pedigree and health checks before paying. There are a lot of opportunistic breeders out there so double your guard.