Featured Image Credit: 1gokennel / Instagram
The Jeep Pitbull is unlike any other dog you’ve ever seen. With the blood of a champion, it is no wonder why many breeders want to preserve the powerful and bold traits of this incredible dog.
The Jeep Pitbull started one of the most sought-after Pitbull bloodlines worldwide. And perhaps you’d like to adopt one of these canines as well.
If you are interested in the Jeep Pitbull bloodline or looking to adopt one, this article will give you all the information you need.
From their fascinating history to their distinct characteristics, we will help you know more about one of the greatest Pitbull bloodline competitors in existence.
What Is a Jeep Pitbull?
The Jeep Pitbull bloodline has bred some of the greatest warriors in history. These canines are admired for their bravery, stamina, power, and fighting spirit. Besides their character traits, some of their distinct physical features include having deep-set eyes, wide ribcages, and stiff tails.
The original Jeep Pitbull is the first dog to have had such a profound impact on American Pit Bull Terrier sporting history. The canine was often described as an unstoppable force.
Jeep’s Pitbull bloodlines are currently being passed down through generations. In fact, you can still find Pitbulls descended from the legend Jeep himself being marketed by several breeders.
Jeep Pitbull Bloodline Origin and History
When dogfighting emerged in the United States, one of the strongest competitors who joined matches was the Jeep Pitbull.
The lineage began with an American Pit Bull Terrier bred by James Crenshaw (hence the name Crenshaw’s Jeep).
Before I discuss its history, let me clarify that in this section, the name Jeep is used in two contexts — as the specific name of the first Jeep Pitbull and the term that we now use to address the lineage.
The original Jeep Pitbull was a powerful male buckskin with a black nose. Buckskin Pitbulls are yellow in color rather than red.
Like other American Pit Bull Terriers, this canine also had an unmistakable muscular build. Once the canine started joining matches, people immediately noticed its great potential.
The public quickly admired the Jeep not only for its fighting spirit but also for its strong stature. Furthermore, Jeep won four official battles against America’s top four Pitbulls.
This fighting streak, along with Jeep’s high ranking on the Register of Merit (R.O.M.) list, compelled breeders to stud him for their females.
The Register of Merit is a title conferred upon a dog with sired champions. Moreover, a male dog must produce at least four champions to qualify as R.O.M.
Breeders immediately found that not only is the original Jeep an outstanding fighter but also excellent in producing champion pups.
As with the original Jeep, his descendants also created history. Jeep was regarded by many breeders as the supreme American Pit Bull Terrier, as no other Pitbull has had the same influence.
While the legendary Jeep passed in 1989 at 13, his bloodline still exists today. And you can recognize one because they have quite distinct features.
If you are interested to know more about the original Jeep Pitbull, watch this:
Jeep Pitbull Appearance
Right off the bat, Jeep Pitbulls are very similar to the average American Pit Bull Terrier. They have an average size of between 17 and 19 inches and weigh 30 to 80 pounds.
Furthermore, Jeep Pitbulls still have the staple muscular bodies all Pitbulls have.
Specifically, they are distinguished by having a well-toned, flat, and muscled back. Aside from that, the Jeep Pitbull has broad shoulders wider than the ribcage.
In case your Jeep isn’t that robust, read our guide on how to make Pitbulls more muscular.
You can also immediately notice their deep-set eyes that are relatively smaller than the average Pitbull. Jeep Pitbulls also have long, stiff, and straight tails.
Moreover, Pitbull-type canines have square-shaped heads. However, the head of a Jeep Pitbull measures around two-thirds the width of its shoulders.
Lastly, the Jeep Pitbull bloodline exhibits a nice short-haired coat with a bristling sheen.
Jeep Pitbull Temperament and Personality
Although the Jeep lineage descended from champions, it is not eager to engage in combat with everyone.
Therefore, contrary to popular belief, these canines are not as violent and aggressive as they were portrayed to be.
In fact, one of the primary reasons why Pitbulls were admired as fighters is their loyalty to their owners, and this is something they carry to this day.
So, you can expect a Jeep Pitbull to be affectionate and loving to you. Furthermore, this devotion and loyalty can be extended to your family and children.
They can also be highly obedient. But achieving this takes a lot of practice, as Jeep Pitbulls can be stubborn. So, it would be best if you were both consistent and patient when dealing with their difficult behavior.
In terms of barking, these dogs are highly vocal and produce all sorts of unusual and even comical noises in an attempt to connect with you.
Jeep Pitbull Lifespan and Health Issues
Jeep Pitbulls can live for 8 to 16 years, which is similar to the lifespan of ordinary Pitbulls. This can appear short, but maintaining a healthy weight for your Pitbull will help them live a long life.
In general, the Jeep Pitbull is a healthy line. But they can still develop health issues.
If you are determined to be a Jeep Pitbull owner, here are some health concerns you should be familiar with:
- Hip Dysplasia: Hip dysplasia is a hereditary condition influenced by environmental and dietary factors. Fortunately, as long as your Jeep Pitbull receives therapy and is adequately cared for at home, any dog with hip dysplasia should be able to live a full life.
- Skin Disorders: According to PetMD, some of the common skin disorders among Pitbulls include allergies and mange. Symptoms of these diseases include excessive licking, itching, and irritated skin.
- Canine Cataracts: Although this ailment is inherited, diabetes mellitus can also induce cataracts in dogs. According to WebMD, this causes cloudiness in the dog’s eyes but does not result in blindness unless left untreated.
- Gastric Dilatation and Volvulus (GDV): This condition is especially prevalent in large and deep-chested dogs. Some of the symptoms associated with GDV or bloat include salivation, restlessness, and abdominal enlargement.
These health conditions appear daunting and painful. So, the best way to care for your Jeep Pitbull is to make sure they live a healthy lifestyle.
How Much Does a Jeep Pitbull Cost? Puppy Prices & Expenses
Regular breeders can offer you Jeep Pitbulls at $500 to $1,000. However, reputable breeders can take it a step further and charge at least $2,500 since this is known to be a popular champion breed.
Champion dogs are not only respected for their fighting spirit but also for possessing the best characteristics of their breed.
If you want to know more about the prices of Pitbulls in general, you can go over our guide on how much Pitbulls cost.
But the expenses you are bound to incur do not stop at the price of the puppy.
If you want to start budgeting your expenses, here is a list of all the initial expenses concerned with owning a Jeep Pitbull:
|Type of Expense||Cost|
|Food and Treats||$80 – $100|
|Food and Water Bowls||$10 – $30|
|Bed||$40 – $180|
|Crate||$50 – $370|
|Leashes and Collars||$15 – $50|
|Toys||$30 – $40|
|Grooming Essentials||$40 – $160|
|Deworming, Flea, and Tick Medications||$50 – $200|
|Initial Vet Visits||$100 – $300|
|Initial Vaccine Shots||$75 – $200|
|Neutering or Spaying||$50 – $500|
|Dog License||$10 – $20|
|Microchip||$40 – $60|
|Miscellaneous Supplies||$15 – $30|
|Total Initial Cost||$605 – $2,240|
As you can tell, your expenses can get a little pricey over time. Keep in mind that the list above pertains to the initial cost, which means that you can spend more than the estimates.
Therefore, make sure that you are also financially ready to take on the obligation of caring for a Jeep Pitbull.
Places to Find Jeep Pitbull Puppies for Sale and Adoption
Canines like the Jeep Pitbull are definitely unique, and they are not very common to find among breeders. But to help you out, we have provided you with a list of breeders you can visit to spot a Jeep Pitbull bloodline.
Here are some reputable breeders where you can purchase a Jeep Pitbull puppy:
- Big Kuntry Kennels – Big Kuntry Kennels is a specialty breeder of some of the finest American Pit Bull Terriers. They provide lineages from Redboy, Jocko, Jeep, and Cottingham. You are sure to find your champion canine on their website.
- BarTin Kennels – Focusing on breeding American Pit Bull Terriers, this breeder is committed to raising happy, healthy Pitbulls, including the Jeep bloodline. Their breeding procedure is meticulously planned to offer lovely family dogs.
- Real Deal Chocolates (RDC) – If you are looking for a champion Jeep Pits, Real Deal Chocolates can give you one. Their ultimate mission is to continue breeding top-tier American Pit Bull Terriers. They only sell top-notch Pitbulls and have the awards, photographs, and videos on their website to prove it.
If you are not seeking a trustworthy breeder and instead wish to adopt, we have compiled a list of adoption centers for you to consider as well.
Here are some websites you can visit to find Jeep Pitbulls for adoption:
- Hello Bully – This organization began in 2005 as an American Pit Bull Terrier rescue. Furthermore, Hello Bully is well-known for caring for dogfighting survivors like the Jeep Pitbull. The dogs are housed in foster homes while waiting for their forever families.
- Ring Dog Rescue – Ring Dog Rescue is a rescue organization committed to all canines descended from Bulldogs. The team will assist you throughout the adoption procedure, which typically takes between one and three weeks.
- Fresno Bully Rescue (FBR) – Fresno Bully Rescue is a non-profit organization committed to rescuing Bully dog breeds. Apart from rescuing and adopting, FBR is dedicated to providing educational services in the community and other services to benefit canines.
Whichever website you rescue, you should be aware of how to complete the adoption procedure successfully. If you are new to this, our adoption guide will be quite beneficial.
If you want to look for more sources for Jeep Pitbulls, here’s our list of the best Pitbull rescues.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is a Pitbull Bloodline?
A bloodline pertains to the lineage of a particular dog. The majority of Pitbull-type canines are descended from the British Bull and Terrier.
Specifically, the Pitbull bloodline was derived from crosses of the Old English Bulldog and Old English Terrier.
How to Determine a Pitbull’s Bloodline?
The only way to determine your dog’s bloodline is to consult an ancestry record. This can be viewed on paper or in other online official records.
The American Kennel Club is one known source of this information. They can print a document that details an AKC dog’s pedigree.
What Are Other Pitbull Bloodlines?
You may also be familiar with the Colby Pitbull, Gator Mouth Pitbulls, and Ruffian Pitbull Bloodline.
Jeep Pitbulls have the spirit of a champion in their blood, and this alone makes them wonderful pets to have. Contrary to popular belief, they are not vicious and aggressive canines.
These dogs are also capable of showering you with as much love and affection as they can. So, you will have no trouble bonding with them.
However, not all aspiring pet owners can handle champions. If you are an experienced dog owner, you will have no problem caring for one.
But if you are new to being a fur parent, you will need more time to consider owning a Jeep Pitbull.
My name is John Carter and I absolutely love pets, especially cats and dogs. I’ve got a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Behaviour and Welfare and have several years’ experience working in animal shelters and rescues. My passion for animals started at a very young age as I grow up on a farm with several horses, cows, cats, chickens, and dogs on our property.